Monday, April 23, 2007

Spring has Sprung

The calendar says it's springtime, but it's already starting to feel like summer. I don’t want to complain because at least it’s not cold! But I do wonder if the warmer weather is here to stay or if we will have to get coats back out again next week. In any case, we most definitely enjoyed the lovely weather this weekend. Our windows have been open, the kids have been outside for hours on end, and we even had our first warm weather barbecue this weekend.

Smell that smoke!

Miss M’s Girl Scout troop participated in April Showers over the weekend. We collected 782 personal care items which were delivered to local food pantries and shelters. Remember to use those green bags when the Girls Scouts bring them to your door next April!

I took Big D to get his pants for school next year. It is hard to believe that he will be starting Kindergarten in just a matter of months. He is very excited about it, and he is definitely ready for BIG school. Of course, he’s more ready to go than I am to let him go. It will take some getting used to not having him home with me every day next year. I have a feeling that C.B. will miss him even more than I will. Lately it seems they are really acting as much like friends as brothers.

The boys taking care of their baby cousin

Watching a movie together

I am pleased to announce that there are currently fifteen e-mail subscribers to the Reddy Zoo blog. Thanks to all of you that signed up. I hope that you enjoy receiving these posts by e-mail. If you haven’t signed up yet, but you think it sounds like a great idea, click here to get started.

Enjoy the beautiful spring day…before it rains!!

No comments: