Friday, April 06, 2007

Easter Break

Yesterday was the first day of Easter Break for our kids. We weren't able to do a whole lot because we had some guys working in our house the entire day. It was obvious that we were on break, though, because we all slept in. It was almost 8:30 by the time Dad left for work - an hour later than usual. We pretty much took it easy at home. Besides keeping the kids out of the way of the “working guys”, I didn’t accomplish a whole lot. In fact, I didn't get out of my PJ's until 4:15 when I finally got the chance to get in the shower.

Today started much like yesterday, as far as sleeping in goes. This morning, though, Miss M got up with Banana and she helped get breakfast for everyone. She only had to come get us because Banana’s diaper basket was empty and she didn’t know where I hid the extra diapers. I was going to give Miss M a gold star, but I think she might be too old for that kind of reward. I think she deserves a dollar for “babysitting” while her mom and dad caught a few extra winks. Forget stars. When it comes to nine-year-olds, money talks.

We have big plans tonight. We are going to dye eggs, get our Easter baskets out, and take baths. That’s actually a pretty full night for us, as bath time alone can take over an hour from start to finish. But I might have to come up with something creative for the kids to do during the day today. If I don’t, I’m afraid they might do this all day:

Happy Easter!!

No comments: