Monday, February 11, 2008

HERE WE GO AGAIN

OK…so the snow has melted, mud and muck have taken over our yard, and things are progressing at a snail’s pace around here. I entered my third trimester several weeks ago, and it’s just like everyone told me it would be. They said the first and third trimesters were very similar, and it seems to be true. I’m tired again, the occasional bouts of nausea are back, and I’m constantly going to the bathroom. It’s nothing that you want me to go into detail about. Trust me.

I did have my glucose tested a little over a week ago, and the nurse practitioner at the OB’s office said that the results were “slightly higher than we’d like to see.” I went a few days later and went through a three-hour version of the test, and am still waiting to hear about those results. The nice lady at the lab told me that more often than not the second time is within the normal range. The doctors just want to be sure. (This is the same nice who lady stuck me with a needle four times and left me with four lovely bruises for souvenirs.) I am guessing I will get the call tomorrow and will know for sure what the rest of my pregnancy holds. I can’t promise it will be soon, but I will try to keep you posted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you don't end having G.D. the only good thing about being in the 3rd trimester was eating ice cream every night! Of course both times that was in July and August for me, maybe you don't want ice cream when it is freezing cold out? :)