Thursday, March 08, 2007

Something to Blog About

It’s been over two weeks since I’ve written anything. I’d like to say that I’ve been extremely busy and that I have tons of things to write about now. Sadly, that isn’t the case. Not that I haven’t been busy, but the things keeping me busy haven’t necessarily been blog-worthy. I have on several occasions these past two weeks sat down to post something on the blog, then thinking better of it for lack of content. However, it could be that two weeks worth of mediocrity might add up to one decent post. Let’s see…

The flu came for a visit. It came and went, and then came again. The first time it affected Miss M and me. The very next week it affected C.B., Banana and me. Dad and Big D stayed relatively healthy. We were actually quite fortunate, since none of us really had the severity of symptoms other families were experiencing. Miss M and C.B. each missed one day of school, and Banana’s diapers were the worst of her illness. Her disposition was fine. For the most part, I just felt tired and on the verge of really getting sick. Out of the two week time span, I feel like I lost about 4 days just from feeling lousy. I definitely had some catching up to do after that.

The house market seems to be picking up. We had 6 showings last month. There were 2 on one gloomy, rainy Saturday when we thought nobody in their right minds would be out looking at houses. Then the next weekend…nothing. In fact, it’s been almost two weeks since anyone has called. I am slowly losing the motivation to keep things continually spic-n-span. Maybe this weekend will be good for house hunters. However, then I’ll have to clean. Hmmmm. Sounds like a conflict of interests.

My cake business is taking off. Word of mouth has gotten me a couple of orders from folks I’ve never met before. You know, a friend of a friend type of thing. There has actually been kind of a rush here lately. Last weekend I had two orders plus a cake I made for my brother’s birthday. This weekend is C.B.’s birthday (along with several other family members we celebrate with) plus I have two orders for Saturday and another for next weekend. It hasn’t been too bad though. I just bake when I get the time and put the cakes in the freezer until I am ready to decorate them. I enjoy doing it, and the kids enjoy perks like licking beaters and getting cupcakes made from leftover batter.

My youngest brother-in-law, Dan, is home for a two-week visit. He joined the Army in August and this is his first trip home since then. The kids are all so excited to see Uncle Dan, and he is just as happy to see them. He is also enjoying two weeks with no schedules, no formations, and no getting up at the crack of dawn. The family plans for these two weeks revolve around Dan, which is OK with us. We want him to have a great time while he’s here. Shortly after he leaves home he will be shipped to Iraq. We’ll be praying for you, Dan!

So it’s not the most exciting blog entry and I don’t have any pictures, but at least I have written something. I will try to get back into the swing of things and update more often. Have a wonderful weekend. Don’t forget to SPRING FORWARD. Daylight Saving Time begins at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday in March 11!

No comments: