Friday, January 16, 2009

Look At ‘Em Grow!!

I took Banana and Mr. H to the doctor this past week for their checkups. One of my favorite things about taking my kids to the doctor is finding out their weight and height. Not only is it exciting to watch them grow; to me those numbers represent progress.

I went in thinking that Mr. H was probably going to weigh too much to stay in his infant carrier. It has a 22 pound limit, and I was sure he was getting there. It turns out that he didn’t even hit the 20 pound mark. But he was close – 19 pounds, 14 ounces. This weight puts him only in the 50th percentile; surprising because we are always being told what a big boys he is. He is still the biggest baby we’ve had. None of the other kids weighed this much at one year, and he is only nine months. He measured 29 inches long, which is in the 75th percentile. I have my suspicions that he will end up being a pretty tall kid.

I was wondering about the Banana’s weight because she has been on a dinner strike for about a week now. It doesn’t seem to matter what we have for dinner, it just isn’t what she wants. She weighed in at 32 pounds, which is about the 50th percentile for her age. Her height was almost 40 inches, putting her in the 90th percentile. She is definitely going to be a tall beauty someday. She is almost the same height as her big brother C.B. Granted, he’s on the smaller side for his age. They make quite a pair, though!

It is such a rewarding experience for a mother to know that her children are healthy. For me it is reassurance that I must be doing something right!

1 comment:

Kim said...

What gorgeous kids!

BTW, I have given you an award. Please visit me to claim it.