Monday, August 11, 2008

This Just In

We interrupt this highly neglected blog to inform you that the neglect will continue for at least another week. Getting the kids (and myself) ready for the school year to begin sort of consumed me this past week or so. I worked so hard to get ready because I planned one last summer escape for the kids and me before the first day of school next Monday. Tomorrow we leave for the "Country House" where we’ll spend five days with no television or computer. Gasp! Whatever shall we do? I think a stop at the Library before we head out is in order. Everyone could use a new book or two to bring along. Big D has been brushing up on his reading skills in preparation for the first grade. Games and puzzles are always a big part of any trip to the country for our family. C.B. especially enjoys putting puzzles together, and Miss M is quite good at Mexican Train Dominoes and Gin Rummy. The Banana will love the lake…if she can get over the fact that there are fish that live there. Last time we were there she mostly just played in the sand. Personally, I am picturing Mr. H napping at the beach while I watch the kids swim from my lounge chair strategically placed in the shallow water. We’ll see if that dream comes true or not.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun! The pictures look like Innsbrook? Maybe?

sltbee69 said...

I hope you have a great time at your last hoorah for the kids start school! I think everyone is the back to school mode.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good time. Can't wait for the update.