Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It’s a Good Thing

I don’t mean to sound like Martha Stewart, but I feel good today. I feel productive. It’s only mid-afternoon and I have accomplished a lot already. This morning I baked a rather large book-shaped cake for a trio of retiring librarians. Immediately after it came out of the oven I loaded the Banana and C.B. into Big Blue (our SUV) along with the bike trailer and –

drum roll please

– my new bike!
Ta-da!!!

I went to the park to ride around the lake with two kids trailing behind me. It was 60 degrees outside, which was perfect. It was a little too windy for me at times, but I couldn’t complain. At least I was riding my bike. It was only the third time I have ridden it since I bought it last week. Banana and C.B. had a large bag of snacks to share during their ride. They were quite happy the first time around the lake. But when I started around again, C.B. was very disappointed that we weren’t going back to the car. Banana, however, simply snored. She had fallen asleep. I wasn't surprised that she fell asleep, but that she stayed asleep while C.B. hollered up to me (multiple times) that he just wanted to go back to the car. He was nice enough to let her rest her head on his shoulder though.

Doesn’t he look happy?

I had the bike, the trailer, and the kids all packed up, and I was on the road with just enough time to get Big D from school. The Banana took a nap, and the boys and I had a lovely lunch (ask me about Boca Spicy Chik’n if you dare!) I have my work cut out for me the rest of the day as well. I have to finish decorating the cake, put away the laundry I did yesterday, and shine up the house a bit because –

another drum roll please

– a potential buyer is coming to look at it today! Please say a prayer that someone buys it soon. We are getting kind of tired of this house selling thing.

I hope you have a productive day too!

No comments: