Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Days

Yesterday was our first day of school. Since we are homeschooling this year, things were a little different from previous first days of school. Last year the kids’ “First Day” picture looked like this.

This year it looked like this.

We still had to wake them up for school. And they still looked incredibly tired during breakfast.

Instead of desks they each have boxes for their books, notebooks, folders and pencil cases.

But they still had lots of work to do.


Things went relatively smoothly. Even the little ones kept themselves busy.


I thought it was a great first day. I am hoping for a whole year full of great days!!



And speaking of first days, Banana had her first day at a new preschool today. She will be at school two afternoons a week, when the big kids and I can work on more involved projects (and Mr. H naps.) Banana was so excited this morning and couldn’t wait until after lunch when it was finally time to go.


It may be a few weeks or more until we are actually in the swing of things, but I feel like we have had a great start!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a good day. We're hoping and praying you have many more. Love Mom

Tenakim said...

are you homeschooling? Color me impressed- I wish I had it in me- it would solve MANY problems. Hope it keeps going great for you!