Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas is coming together

I have been having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit so far this year. Not because I am a scrooge (bah humbug!), but because of all the things I feel like I have to get done before the big day arrives. Things like sending cards, baking cookies, cleaning the house; not to mention wrapping gifts. My husband says I shouldn't stress out about this stuff so much, but I can't seem to help it. It's what I do.

Yesterday I finally sent out the Christmas cards. I dropped them off to be mailed with a little prayer that they will actually be received before Christmas. Then last night I got some wrapping done. There's still more to do, but it felt pretty good to get a start on it. Then today we baked cookies...a LOT of cookies.


We chose four different kinds to make, and the kids each had a special kind they wanted to help with. Miss M helped with cranberry white chocolate chip, Big D helped with peanut butter chip, C.B. helped with good ole chocolate chip cookies, and the Banana banged on a pot with a plastic spoon. I made the oatmeal raisin by myself. We have a big pile of cookies and a really big mess. Now more than ever we have to get to that last item on my list - CLEANING THE HOUSE. Cleaning always seems a little easier with music. Maybe if I turn the Christmas music up really loud it will help to make the season (and the kitchen) bright.

No comments: